Exhaust Idea

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Exhaust Idea

Post by Ahzlon »

OK... I got what might be a stupid exhaust routing idea. I have seem some sports trucks around where they have the exhaust exit out of the lower rear quarter panel(s) behind the rear wheels. Now do you think a baja with an exhaust routed the same way would look well... cheezeypoof??
sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Exhaust Idea

Post by sfeather11 »

Interesting, I've wondered this myself. It actually makes more sense from an off-roading standpoint. With limited ground clearance and long front/rear overhangs, I've often dragged my rear fascia, hitch, and exhaust through mud and sand. Luckily I have not had any permanent damage yet. By having it exit behind the rear wheel, it would at least move the exhaust to a "safer" place. No idea how you would get a muffler up under there though... [smilie=confuzzled.gif]
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ahzlon »

I was thinking of making it make a semi sharp turn to the drivers side and exit there. The muffler sits quite high up under the body already.
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Post by hocrest »

Check state inspection laws before you go too crazy. In PA the exhaust must exit the vehicle in the stock location/s.
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ahzlon »

In Vermont, the exhaust has to exit behind the passenger compartment. Lots of guys with pickups put "stacks" on their trucks around her. *not going to do that* THere is a s10 with 10" stacks coming out of the bed. Looks retarded as hell. Just wanted an aesthetics (sp?) opinion from you guys.
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

I went with a single stack drivers side just under the roll bar.
Attachments
Stack exhaust 1.jpg
Stack exhaust 1.jpg (77.07 KiB) Viewed 3578 times