stripes / graphics

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

stripes / graphics

Post by bajabob »

I have been thinking about adding some sort of stripes to my Baja but other than the one that had a waves down the side of it I haven't seen this done before. Something like super bee stripes was an idea I had but don't know if i could get to look right - anybody have any ideas?<br><br>crappy super Roo stripe idea photoshop<br><br>Image<br><br>Bob
thebigkahuna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: stripes / graphics

Post by thebigkahuna »

I like it. Looks exactly like the Dodge Ram Rumble Bee. <br>linky--->  http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/2003sema/r ... rumblebee/
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

yeah, i like that... anyone on here do any graphics? how bout exterior dress-ups/mods (ground effects, altezza's?)
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
Texas S

Post by Texas S »

Subaru of Gwinnett did a very similar thing (almost identical actually) on their lifted Baja.  I like it, I think it breaks up that scary looking rear end.  I'm working on a version, I'll post up pics if I ever get it done.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Bob, I like it too. Makes the rear end of the beast a little bit shorter, visually. Now if Texas S gets one made, maybe we can get some. I wish I knew someone who did this kind of stuff.   Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

I based the stripes on the 68 super bee stripes so it's no surprise they  resemble the rumble bee ones. Getting them made up won't be a problem, all I have to do is make up a logo pattern and give it to the guy who does van lettering in town.<br><br>Texas -  I would really like to see the Gwinnett version do you have a link to a pic?<br><br>Bob
Texas S

Post by Texas S »

No, unfortunately... if you search the NASIOC forum for them there's links from old threads but the pictures are dead.  <br><br>Basically, from what I can remember, it was very similar to yours but with clean edges on the vertical lines (two smaller ones on the outside of one larger central one).  They had a large 'Baja' logo made in the same font as the badge on the car that was about where your super-roo is, but it interrupted the lines all the way across.<br><br>There's was also yellow, they had paint-matched the lower cladding though.  They also had a black stripe running up the hood I think.<br><br>If I come across it, I'll make sure to post it up.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Thanks for the description it gives me more to think about, matching the  font is a good idea. The hood stripe might be an idea as well, I'm going  to start looking at some more old muscle car pics for more plans.<br><br>Bob
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

What's with the Super Bee stripe?! That's awesome! I think it would be cuter if it said:<br><br>SUBER<br>(PIC OF KANGAROO SPORTIN' HELMET AND HEADERS) <br>ROO<br><br>Note: "SUBER" instead of "SUPER" as in "SUBA-RU". Also, have it done in the '70s-style writing just like the original Super Bee logo.<br><br>BTW, I wonder if there's a correlation between people that like Bajas and people that like old Mopars? Maybe we just have an affection for  things which are different?<br><br>I for one have owned many old B-body Mopars; presently a '73 Plymouth Road Runner.<br><br>PDiz
Texas S

Post by Texas S »

[quote author=pdiz link=board=gen;num=1109556923;start=0#8 date=03/05/05 at 05:09:11]<br>SUBER<br>(PIC OF KANGAROO SPORTIN' HELMET AND HEADERS) <br>ROO<br><br>Note: "SUBER" instead of "SUPER" as in "SUBA-RU". [/quote]<br><br>How about 'Uber Roo'?<br> ;D
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I don't know which one is better, suber roo, or uber roo??  ::)  They both sound neat, would look nice as a graphic, with the superbee stripe. Need to see what it looks like first, I guess.    Mike
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by X20 »

yokes!<br>I'm a graphic designer here in Miami.  I took the old logo and modified it to make it more oval, then i cut it out of industral grade blue reflective sticker.  That shait is sweet.  I have gotten lots of compliments on it, when the lights hit it just right it looks like its glowing from the inside.  Ive also done some other custom design for the gas cover, nothing fancy, I want to keep it simple.  I'll get some pics soon to show everyone.<br>later
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Yes, we need the see the pics!!!!!!!!!  
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

just found out about subaru's original mascot the rabbit

http://www.subaru-global.com/about/hist ... 6-001.html

this would make for a cool logo but that leaves me without a name for the grafic- super rabbit just does't have a ring to it.

another version here

http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Auto~Sty ... -1-1-1.cfm

Bob
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

Somewhere around here, I've got an image of Roo (of "Winnie the Pooh" fame) that I modified as a logo for my car. I'll see if I can dig it up tomorrow. :mrgreen: