06 Ridgeline now in stock

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

03ClassicYellow
Scoobytruck Contributer

06 Ridgeline now in stock

Post by 03ClassicYellow »

The Honda dealer in Fairfax Virginia has 4 Ridgelines in stock starting at $34K to  $37K. I am going out to check them out and will report !
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Re: 06 Ridgeline now in stock

Post by mbaksic »

Woweeeee!!!!  That one is a bit pricey!! Can't wait to hear your report.   Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
03ClassicYellow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by 03ClassicYellow »

Sorry for the delay I had to make a emergency trip to Myrtle Beach...

First impression: WOW it’s huge! It sits higher than the Baja by about 6inches. The overall view is good from the drivers seat. The bed area is a little larger than the Baja but there is no mid gate or pass through so it is really a little smaller. The trunk looks like a pool waiting to fill up when it rains. Overall the size of the trunk is good. I am not sure I would put anything of value in there the lock is very cheap. The tailgate is neat it opens from both the side and the bottom kind of like your dads station wagon. The interior is very nice! Seats are very comfortable both front and back It will seat 5 no useless console in the back. Now for the drive… It has great pickup … I have not driven a turbo Baja so I cant really speak how it compares. But when compared to my 5 speed it is real quick. The ride is like a truck not smooth very bumpy. The price was 37K. At this price it really doesn’t compare to the Baja. If Subaru would get off there buts… The Baja could be very successful with the proper advertising. If I were comparing the two I would pick the Baja for the value and overall ride and looks.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Sounds nice for their first try on a pickup truck. It is a hell of alot more money than I would be willing to spend. :shock: For that price, you could get a new full size truck. Now, if Subaru would advertise, they could get a bigger piece of the pie. I sure hope that they try harder. Mike