How does you Baja go in the snow???

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

How does you Baja go in the snow???

Post by mbaksic »

Mine goes like CRAZY in the snow. I have driven it through the back yard to tow my ATV up to the garage. That was a 12 incher.  ;DWent into the yard, turned around in front of the shed, hitched up 650 pounds of ATV, and towed it back up to the garage. Wheels didn't even spin. My dad was steering the atv, and was impressed. He said his 96 Dakota would spin like mad, and get stuck in that stuff.  :oLast Sunday, I went down to the Illinois Railway Museum. I volunteer there to restore old railroad passenger cars. I had to knock down a 3 foot bank of snow that was plowed up in my way. :o After I got through that, I drove into 14 inches of snow.  :oJust took my time, back and forth for about 75 feet until I got to the pole barn where I work. Then knocked down the snow so I had a parking spot. Never got stuck. I had an  audience watching me, waiting for me to get stuck. I told them if  I have to use the Baja as a plow, to get where I want to go, so be it. Nothing got wrecked, but it sure was packed with snow. I had a blast, and put on a good show of what the Baja could do. How does yours stack up in this world of white stuff?? I for one was impressed!!! ;D ;D  All this on 36,000 mile original Potenza's.      Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Re: How does you Baja go in the snow???

Post by yellowblaze »

Absolutely awesome!!  In fact, I find it sticks a bit better than the 93 Bronco we traded for it.  It will do some dougnuts though  ;D I've got a quick vid of that from last week, gotta find a host though....
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

I have been really impressed with the Baja as well. I had to take mine on an emergency repair call during a snowstorm last weekend. All sorts of road conditions - greasy slop in town to hard packed snow and drifts  out in the country and no problem with any of them. Getting used  to the AWD handling took me a bit but I like it now.<br><br>Bob
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

We just went for a little run down a limited use seasonal highway-the only other thing that's gone down it are snowmobiles.  Did good, definately over 12" of rutted and semi packed snow....got a very quick vid of that too, hard to do the vid with the bouncing around...
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Yellowblaze---WE NEED TO SEE THE VID ON THAT!!!!! ;D  Sounds like you had a blast. I had a blast knockin down the snow. :oThe handling on the Baja reminds me of rear wheel drive though. I had the rear end slide out a few times on my way to work. There was alot of really greasy s--t on the road though. And I was on the gas hard alot. I can't complain, beats the heck out of ANY 4wd truck I have owned.  ;D   Mike
2003Baja

Post by 2003Baja »

the baja WILL stay glued to the road only when you want it too. But if your like me, you'll turn the wheel from left to right fish tailing the whole 5 miles to the ski resort :P ;D
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

[quote author=mbaksic link=board=gen;num=1106978199;start=0#4 date=01/29/05 at 20:29:58]Hey Yellowblaze---WE NEED TO SEE THE VID ON THAT!!!!! ;D  Sounds like you had a blast. I had a blast knockin down the snow. :oThe handling on the Baja reminds me of rear wheel drive though. I had the rear end slide out a few times on my way to work. There was alot of really greasy s--t on the road though. And I was on the gas hard alot. I can't complain, beats the heck out of ANY 4wd truck I have owned.  ;D   Mike[/quote]<br><br>I need to find a host for it.....And yup, lotsa fun-it was pretty much pushing it to the limit with the potenzas, I'd love to try again with blizzaks!!<br>
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

Mine hasn't been very fun in the snow.  <br><br>Every time we get a good drift going, the wheels hook up.  My mustang was much more fun in the snow.   ;D<br><br>Ha ha.... haven't been stuck yet though!
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I think that you will have to try hard to get it stuck!!  I took another trip in the back yard tonite. Did a little spinnin, but not stuck at all. Had to knock down one snowbank for the halibut!! ;D  Mike
Bajamatic

Post by Bajamatic »

Got Blizzaks on mine, unstoppable.  Almost no fun it's so good
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I'm still runnin the worn out, 38,000 mile Potenza's. But they still go pretty good IMHO.   Mike
thebigkahuna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by thebigkahuna »

Where's that video yellowblaze!?<br><br>...still looking for my Baja... :(
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey yellowblaze, did you get the video stuff figured out yet????? We wanna see it!!!!!!!  Baja in snow action, part one!!
BajaT05
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by BajaT05 »

The BAJA if fun as hell in the snow..... I can make perfect dougnuts with it. When we got snow on december; I just went to the Wal Mart lot at about 1 am, when there werent any cars and I just went at it, drifting and doing dougnuts. I dont have any videos, since all I have a little sony cybershot, it can do video, but at a horrible quality. Its deffinately fun.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

I still don't have a host....But if anyone wants to see it, they can PM me thier email addy, I'll email it....
Last edited by yellowblaze on Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.