Baja Pics

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Nitro350Z
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Baja Pics

Post by Nitro350Z »

Love the pics so far! Here's a little bit of an update from me, quite a few pics, hope you don't mind :)

These are some pics from way back when, before I did most of the mods.

Decided to go for a bit of an adventure around seddons corner (~ 1hr away from wininpeg)

Was making a beer run to kenora a while back and decided to go off the main highway and I found the an old abondoned highway.

Eventually found a service road and followed it back to the main highway.

Recently got into autocross, it's a blast! Can't wait till next season and I think I'll be trying rallyX during the winter.

And finally a video of one of my runs. It was taken with a phone camera so not the greatest quality.

Just to say, the Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires are amazing, never had a problem with them and have used them everywhere. Now I have a set of General Grabber AT2's mounted on gold outback wheels (got a good deal on them, besides they look kinda nice :) ) on for the the inbetween season and I love them. Winnipeg just had a huge snow storm yesterday and the generals were great. Sliding around parking lots was ridiculously fun and never had a problem getting around the city.

Hope you enjoyed the update!
Danfzzl
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Danfzzl »

Those are sweet pictures man! those rims look sweet! and i dig the deep red of the Baja. keep um comin! [smilie=666.gif]
Dan
http://theravensedge.com/
Baja Mods: Class 1 hitch, Dash light conversion to blue, Ozzbros bed cover, 2 Hella 500 Fog lights Mounted on front bumped bracket
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

I guess I can consider this breaking in my Baja! This was at the West Coat Subaru Show 11. They had a nice mudpit setup. [smilie=beadygrinner.gif]

Last edited by Emsanon on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

One of these years I will make it to that !!! Great pic !
Nitro350Z
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Nitro350Z »

Love that pic too, do you have a higher res version of it?
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Not of mine sadly. Someone else took the shot and this is just what I have of it. Unless there's a way to make it bigger and I'm just not sure how to do it. HAHA! :lol:
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Nitro350Z wrote:Recently got into autocross, it's a blast! Can't wait till next season and I think I'll be trying rallyX during the winter.
If I can save up enough money, I want to try and sign up for some rally training. I would love to try that out! It looks fun. [smilie=beadygrinner.gif]
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Snorkeled wrote:One of these years I will make it to that !!! Great pic !
You should go! You probably would get that 1st place Baja award easily with all your mods. HAHA! :wink:
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

Did some Fall pics up on Skyline Drive in the Shenendoah Valley, VA.

Happy Halloween!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

YBajaSteve wrote:Did some Fall pics up on Skyline Drive in the Shenendoah Valley, VA.
good shots, seeing other bajas with baskets makes me want one bad, same with the roof lights

unfortunately in va its pointless to have them because you can't run them on the street. it just seems a waste though to be pre-wired for lights and not get them but oh well.
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

speedymatt wrote:
YBajaSteve wrote:Did some Fall pics up on Skyline Drive in the Shenendoah Valley, VA.
good shots, seeing other bajas with baskets makes me want one bad, same with the roof lights

unfortunately in va its pointless to have them because you can't run them on the street. it just seems a waste though to be pre-wired for lights and not get them but oh well.
Unless you use them to try and blind the person video taping during a Subaru/Evo drive. HAHA! I flashed my offroad lights at the right time and KamikazeGRB from NASIOC caught it on video. [smilie=wrygrin.gif] I'm the 6th car that goes by in the video. Go Baja!!

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv31 ... helens.flv
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

Emsanon wrote:Unless you use them to try and blind the person video taping during a Subaru/Evo drive. HAHA! I flashed my offroad lights at the right time and KamikazeGRB from NASIOC caught it on video. [smilie=wrygrin.gif] I'm the 6th car that goes by in the video. Go Baja!!

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv31 ... helens.flv
see here in VA you can only run them "offroad" basically for that reason that you blind the other drivers. and in hamptonroads unless you know someone with land to run on there isn't a whole lot of offroading to be had. oh well i still might get them for the look and just keep them covered.

i need to get some exterior mods going so i can post some pics. :( :(
RobRBaron
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by RobRBaron »

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv31 ... helens.flv[/quote]

WOW lots of Subs, I thought Flagstaff was the Subaru capital
RobRBaron
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

[/quote]
see here in VA you can only run them "offroad" basically for that reason that you blind the other drivers. and in hamptonroads unless you know someone with land to run on there isn't a whole lot of offroading to be had. oh well i still might get them for the look and just keep them covered.
i need to get some exterior mods going so i can post some pics. :( :([/quote]

Well, actually, we can't have the offroad lights turned on either while driving...unless, like you said, we're 'offroad'. That's why I just did a quick flash for the video since I saw him crouching on the side of the road taping. :lol: I like to have them for the looks and just in case something happens, ie. some type of emergency, where extra lighting may be needed. [smilie=bunny.gif]
seafajr.
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by seafajr. »

I just mounted my winter tires today. So here is what they look like with the styled steelies.
Attachments
Stock look.
Stock look.
IMGP0500.5.JPG (101.96 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
With styled steelies.
With styled steelies.
IMGP0505.5.JPG (59.53 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
IMGP0503.5.JPG
IMGP0503.5.JPG (91.67 KiB) Viewed 9149 times