Baja Pics

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

My new 2005 Baja Turbo
neat-o car
And the old school Impreza it replaced... Probably will be my dedicated track car.
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

baja03 wrote:i like that roadrunner to whats the HP
Unfortunately, it was rebuilt to OEM specs by a local machine shop so it's "not all that" but I'm thinking a simple cam swap will alleviate that! It's a factory 440 4-speed car, however, albeit "just" a '73. Thanks for the interest!
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

My 2003 "eBay" Baja...man, after a lifetime of owning tanks and beaters, I'm having a ball with this car/truck! [smilie=coolup.gif]

cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

that cover looks nice, is it the ozzbros cover?
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

A bugs eye view of a Baja

Bob
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

Nice angle, Bob!
I could've sworn that Canada used alphanumeric characters similar to what we use in the States. :P

Yeah cliff, that is the Ozzbros cover.
It's an extremely well crafted tonneau cover and I'm quite pleased with it! I can remove it in 30 seconds and it takes that long to put it back on.
The SnugLid and A.R.E. caps were just too expensive for me and were far too difficult to remove efficiently.
What I assumed would be a compromise turned out to be an excellent buy.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

i heard ( or maybe read ) somewhere that the cover folds up and fits behind the back seat... is that info correct? that seems like an awfully small space for a bed cover. also, does the cover seem well built, like strong enough to set semi-heavy objects on (like 50 lbs or so) and keep water out of the bed?
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Mr. Jalapeño wrote:My 2003 "eBay" Baja...man, after a lifetime of owning tanks and beaters, I'm having a ball with this car/truck! [smilie=coolup.gif]

are those sport bars in back painted black? did you get it like that or did you have them painted?
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

cliff,
The cover is in two pieces...one in front and one in back of the 'sports bars', so it really does fit in the back of the Baja handily. There's a thin steel retaining strip attached along the width of the larger piece which slides under the smaller piece.
The cover is extremely well built. There's an inch of good quality padding on top of the thick plywood which is what the base of the cover consists of (and which you never see). All covered with marine-grade vinyl. The underside is carpeted (grey). I've both set, laid down and stood upon this cover with my 180 lb. frame with no hint of resistance anywhere. The cover rests securely upon the inner lip (side rails) of the Baja's bed liner. It doesn't need to be locked in place as you drive, either. In fact, it'll stay in place with the tailgate down and bed extender on.
The cover is not watertight. Although it fits very snugly against the side rails of the bed, when I wash it at a car wash, a little water can drip through the outside edges. To be fair, I had a lot of great communication with Roger Ostmeyer (one of the 'Bros) and he only claimed water resistancy. However, it's a lot more waterproof than nothing at all!
In order to open the cover, you need to pop open the tailgate a little first. Also, to keep it propped open, you need to use something that will do it for you like a wooden pole or something. I don't much mind, but thought you should know.
I can post much more detailed photos of the cover if you're interested. I'll be on the road for a day or two, so it won't be tomorrow or anything.

Hawk,
I took out the 'sports bars' and had 'em powder coated a semi-gloss black with a bare hint of sparkle (about the same amount and opacity as your vehicles paint job...hardly visible). Cost me $40.
I'm real pleased with the results.
Last edited by Mr. Jalapeño on Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

bajabob wrote:A bugs eye view of a Baja

Bob
Hey, what are those red swirly deals in your grill?
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

jaxed wrote:
Hey, what are those red swirly deals in your grill?
Hella supertone horns - They work great for getting your point across in traffic.

Bob
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

guess ill have to change my opinion of the cover, sounds pretty good to me. might just get one now, but there are a whole lot more performance upgrades first..
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

..but there are a whole lot more performance upgrades first.
Like what? I'm all ears...
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

like the new sti tmic ill be getting in (with a set of black samco hoses and wrx bov), gonna put in on thursday probably [smilie=hammerit.gif]

then im looking at new engine management (maybe a UTEC) just gotta talk to some of the guys from pdx tuning, ive got a unichip right now but they are so hard to get retuned and they are not really what i am looking for

then ill probably get a vf-34 or -39 , some new perrin 816cc injectors, a new walbro fuel pump...

somewhere in there i will stopping by the local car restoration shop (all american restorations and performance) and get a badass hood scoop glassed in

oh, almost forgot, gotta get a brake upgrade before new engine management.

suspension whereever i can afford, like rear swaybar and new endlinks

awww, crap, forgot the i/c co2 fogger for the sti tmic somewhere...

ok well maybe i should lay out a better gameplan, but that is bout as far as i can see in the future for my baja right now, however, the other day i did see a 10 second baja (500 awhp) [smilie=me-likey.gif] , so after talking to dem guys, plans may change a little [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

btw, once you start, you just cant stop, its addicting... [smilie=madking.gif]
370 awhp