Baja Pics

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

alphasteel
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Baja Pics

Post by alphasteel »

alright forum folk...totally made the look of my car...

bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

My apologies for low resolution. Didn't have my camera with me when the photo op arose. Beautiful sunset, mean green Cannondale atop with my new custom bike protector.

STI2NR
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by STI2NR »

Like this?? :)

Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Killer B »

I saw a Brat parked at my YMCA today so I saw it as a perfect opportunity to park my Baja next to it. The original and the predecessor side by side.

uzhias
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by uzhias »

Hi guys, i'm from chile, Last year i've got a 2003 baja, (chilean dealers only import some 2003 baja, base and sport)
patrikman
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by patrikman »

STI2NR wrote:Like this?? :)

Sweet!!

Should have mine running again soon, as soon as I figure out the turbo.

Monkey_Boy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Monkey_Boy »

My Subaru stable. The Toy and the Truck. :)
P1010115 - Cropped-1500.jpg
P1010115 - Cropped-1500.jpg (600.98 KiB) Viewed 9370 times
"It drives like a truck!" ~ B. Banzai.
Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Killer B »

That's sharp looking, Monkey_Boy!

I nearly ended up with a Baja turbo in that color from Craigslist but the guy sold it to someone else right under my feet as I was literally on my way to come pay for it and pick it up! That was cold and dirty, especially since he said it was mine, but the following week I was able to go get the classic yellow I had my eyes on about 3 hours away from me. (which was my top color choice anyway)
Monkey_Boy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Monkey_Boy »

That is pretty cold, B. Hope you didn't have to travel too far! I bought mine from a guy in Milwaukee, and I would have been truly annoyed if I had gotten off the plane 12 hours from home and not been able to give him money and drive it home to KC :) The yellow ones do stand out, but I was really pleased to find one in blue. 2006 5-speed Sport--exactly what I was looking for. They do still exist if you hunt around a little.

It gets almost as many comments as the BRZ, to be honest. People are not sure what to make of it when I drive up with a bed full of brush or a washing machine in the back.
"It drives like a truck!" ~ B. Banzai.
avnav526
Scoobytruck Lurker

Bajas in Paradise

Post by avnav526 »

My wife was originally from Kauai and has always wanted to return to the Islands. We were living in Appleton, Wisconsin, just south of Green Bay. We took a trip to the Islands last year during the Wisconsin winter, and I was convinced, this was the place to be. We researched living here and decided owning a small pickup would be advantageous in Hawaii, as there is no garbage pickup and you have to haul your own refuse, plus she is hugely into gardening. We checked out small trucks and one day my wife saw a Baja. She told me we should look into those, and after a bit of research we decided that was the vehicle we wanted. So last November we looked at all three that were for sale within 100 miles, and settled on a silver 2005 Turbo from a dealer in Gurnee, Illinois, almost four hours driving time from our home. We drove it for a month and decided we liked it very much. I bought an OZZ Brothers bed cover which I highly recommend, and since the driver's seat was ripped on the edge I bought "Wet Okole" waterproof Hawaiian print seat covers for the front seats. Those are really great covers, come in lots of colors including solids and prints. They fit like a glove.
During the Christmas holidays I was browsing the internet and decided to see if any new Bajas were listed for sale in the area, and found a yellow 2003 Sport had come on the market at a dealer less than five miles from our house. We decided to test drive it, and my wife liked it so much we bought it for her.
We made the move in May, and drove both Bajas to Texas to visit my relatives, then on to California. We shipped my wife's Baja from San Diego and then drove mine up to Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks for a nice vacation. We then shipped mine from Oakland. It was $1100 each on Pascha Shipping Lines. Both cars came over with no problems.
Bajas seemed to be quite rare in Wisconsin. After we bought mine I think I saw maybe seven or eight of them in months of driving in Northeast Wisconsin. During our long road trip to Texas then California, we saw only TWO other Bajas, one in southern Illinois and the other in Riverside, California. But since arriving here in late May we've seen probably 25 of them in the Hilo area alone, they are evidently quite popular in Hawaii.
Here are photos of our Bajas taken in Wisconsin, during our trip, and at our new home.
Scott W.

Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Killer B »

That's so awesome, love all the pics! Interesting to note that my yellow Baja also originated from Hawaii according to the car fax. It was originally a rental car over there before someone else bought it and shipped it over to Oregon.
avnav526
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by avnav526 »

Killer B wrote:That's so awesome, love all the pics! Interesting to note that my yellow Baja also originated from Hawaii according to the car fax. It was originally a rental car over there before someone else bought it and shipped it over to Oregon.
Yellow Bajas seem the most common color here. From bumper stickers, bug bras and other obvious differences we've seen, there are at least seven or eight different yellow Bajas in this area. Yellow is my favorite, my silver Baja looks kind of boring next to it. There's a medium blue Baja a couple houses down from ours that also looks really nice.
There was a yellow one recently advertised for sale on Maui for a very cheap price, but the ad was written by someone whose attitude makes me think he's not a person to do business with. Plus the ad says if you have a new engine and tranny for it that would be a plus...
mark40
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by mark40 »

Interesting story and pics, thanks for sharing..

No doubt the Baja is popular in HI; believe it or not, when I scored on my 2006 Baja Sport back in June, the salesman said he got a call from someone in Hawaii and wanted to make an offer and if so would the dealer ship the Baja from Connecticut to HI. Luckily for me I was the first one to make an offer and pay a deposit, otherwise it may have been aloha for the Baja.... Glad I got there first.
bearrowland
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bearrowland »

Awesome pics and beautiful scenery!!
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Loaded up for a day at the lake......
Taking a new toy to play with also....