The Orange Baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

The Orange Baja

Post by jaxed »

In my searching around the web, I have run across pictures of an Orange Baja.  It's cool looking:<br><br>Image<br><br>My belief is that this is a pre-production Baja.  Note the extra lights in the bumper, silver roof rack, and the round gas door.  But the real interest is the back!<br><br>Image<br><br>A place to keep my drinks when I'm at the beach or something.  Cool.
blubaja03
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: The Orange Baja

Post by blubaja03 »

Hey,<br><br>    This is the concept car for the Baja. The ST-X.  It is really cool looking in person.  Wish they would've went wiht the full fold down midgate.<br><br>Frank X.<br><br>
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I like that storage, drink holder idea, ;D I wonder why they didn't do that.  ::)It also looks like that concept is a little higher off the ground than the production units.  :'(  Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

Ground clearance is the same as the 04 & 05 Baja's 8.4 inches.03 is 7.3
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Sounds about right.  :'( Oh well, lift time when the warranty runs out, I guess.  ;D
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
blubaja03
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by blubaja03 »

mbaksic wrote:I like that storage, drink holder idea, ;D I wonder why they didn't do that. Mike
And now honda uses it on the ridgeline..great
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Yes, I see them advertising the hell out of the thing this weekend. Underbed storage is neat, however, if you have anything in the bed and have to get in the storage area..... I would be cussing up a storm, because I would have to unload the bed to get to it. :lol: At least they advertise it, UNLIKE SUBARU!!!!! :evil: Mike
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Just found some hi res pics of that beast -
http://www.subaru-presse.de/download/stxpic.htm
that thing was supercharged not turbo!

Bob
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

THat is indeed the Subaru STX. It had a SOHC 2.5 with an Eaton Supercharger, B4 intercooler and hood as well as guage cluster. and of course, it had the dual range 5 speed transmission! McIntosh stero system and a ton of other cool things. THat cooler deal is kinda where the spare tire goes on our cars...I do wish we ahd the power inverter in the bed like it did though.

It had the extra driving lamps in the bumper, LED theater lighting around teh licence plate and Also had the turn signals in the roof rack! I have a feeling the full folding switchback weakened the structure too much to be crashworthy (It is an outback with the roof cut off after all). It was a pretty sweet car and Ive been out to get a baja ever since.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

I just emailed soa and asked if i could buy the concept st-x directly from them... also included a few comments about how they should have included more of its (st-x) features in the production models... i already know what the answer will be, but wouldnt it be nice to have? :D
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Yes, that would be nice to have. They prolly sent it to the crusher already. Nice interior shots Bob, too bad they didn't do that with production models!! I was thinking of doing a body color dash plate thing in mine, I have to talk to our body shop guys and see how expensive it would be.
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

I do not think that they would have crushed the STX. Most car companies hold onto their concept cars in storage of some sort. This concept car was an SOA concept car. I hope it is still around somewhere. All in all, although there are a lot of things I would have liked to have, they actually did carry over a good number of things from the concept car. I mean we get the Sport activity lights as an option, we get some kind of switchback system, cup holders in the bed and so on. Although I've only had my Baja for 3 weeks, I absolutly love it.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Yes, its prolly locked away somewhere, and we will never see it again. But you never know. As far as mine, I have had it for a year now, and still lovin it!! Mike
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by X20 »

[smilie=geek.gif] it has a cargo window. It has a cargo window button that lowers the cargo window. The window of the cargos, it to lower. it it
[smilie=shake.gif] [/img]
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

yeah the cargo window would roll completly down into the midgate, then the seats and midgate completly folded forward making one huge flush cargo area.