Obtaining Baja accessories

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Obtaining Baja accessories

Post by jaxed »

Has anybody had luck ordering Subaru Baja accessories online?  Specifically, the bed bike-rack and plastic hood cover.  I'm not sure I want to pay dealer prices, but that seems to be my only option.  <br><br>I am also looking at fabricating my own bed bike-rack. if necessary.
Grimm
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Obtaining Baja accessories

Post by Grimm »

Getting the bed rack from Subaru dealerships is kind of expensive, The way I see it you have two options:<br><br>(1) you can cut a piece of wood so that it fits in the bed and then put a couple of fork clamps on it and that would be a cheap solution to the bike carrying dilema, or:<br><br>(2) you can get a roof rack (Thule, Yakima). If you go to a local bike shop you can have them vetrify they have the clamps that can be secured to the existing roof rack. <br> NOTE: this is obviusly the more expensive option, one rack with mounting bracket will cost anywhere from $80 to $150. But with a roof rack your bed will be freed up to carry more equipment without haveing to bang into your bike.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: Obtaining Baja accessories

Post by jaxed »

[quote author=Grimm link=board=gen;num=1103586714;start=0#1 date=12/21/04 at 14:05:38]<br>(1) you can cut a piece of wood so that it fits in the bed and then put a couple of fork clamps on it and that would be a cheap solution to the bike carrying dilema, or:<br>[/quote]<br><br>This is exactly what I was thinking - I even just got an old bike rack from eBay to use as parts (for the fork clamps).  I'll post pictures of my creation when I get done.<br>
BajaBear
Scoobytruck Contributer

Nudge Bar

Post by BajaBear »

Has any1 installed a Westin safari light bar? I hella want 1!
Westin says the bars are universal & just the brackets are custom to each vehicle. They don't make them for Bajas so I'll get brackets made locally-No biggie.
BUT, these "universal" bars come in 3 lengths of approx 10",11",& 12" measured front to back.
Any suggestions?
Thanks