HID headlight upgrade?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Eknajaar
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: HID headlight upgrade?

Post by Eknajaar »

Benhart21 wrote:I see this thread has been dead for a few months, but I figure I'll add my little project to it. I bought a set of Legacy HID headlights off eBay and a FX-R projector retrofit setup from The Retrofit Source. A few hours of my time and I had a tremendous lighting increase.

Here's the test-fitting before I actually aimed them. Keep in mind the driveway in the pic is on a slant and I was
<10ft from the door.

The shroud in the pic is not currently in the lights since they were too long and rubbed on the inside of the lens. I have another set to replace them with once I get around to it.
looks excellent, thats the path to go. Im amazed I haven't seen more upgraded retrofit packages on auction web sites. For others considering doing this, I suggest a retrofit or discovering a organization that particularly creates reflector contacts for HIDs. How much did that retrofit run you If you don't thoughts sharing?
Last edited by Eknajaar on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benhart21
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: HID headlight upgrade?

Post by Benhart21 »

About $450 for all the parts and a spare set of headlights. I used the Stage 3 FX-R kit from the Retrofit Source.