Compatible seats for 2006 Baja sport

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

TexasBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Compatible seats for 2006 Baja sport

Post by TexasBaja »

I'm looking to replace the front seats in my Baja. Has anyone swapped in seats from another model of Subaru?? With heated seats??
94 SVX, 99 Outback Wagon, 06 Baja
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Compatible seats for 2006 Baja sport

Post by davecoon13 »

I think legacy seats can fit. If you go to http://www.car-part.com you can search for compatible seats.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
tcat
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Compatible seats for 2005 Baja

Post by tcat »

Semi-related... my drivers seat is cracking in 2 spots. Probably not worth repairing will just get worse. I searched the above.. $200 for a used seat in good condition... it's probably be cheaper to get the front 2 seats recovered in leather. Are there any good seat covers that fit snugly and look good? I bought a cheap pair (like $12), they look OK, but they are not snug, and are not tied down well at the front. What are my options?
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

Ebay sells leather ones that supposedly are custom fit. I have aftermarket ones which are loose, but I've been meaning to take out the safety pins.

If you want to save $$$, Your best bet is to tighten the cheap $12 ones with safety pins.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
Evanism
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Evanism »

I'm swapping heated outback seats into mine.

I recovered them with new original seat upholstery from a car that had leather installed (bought on e-bay a few years ago). So far, just the passenger seat is in as a rail onthe drivers side is damaged.

I didn't yet find wiring for the heated seats in the car, but I whittled-down another harness to just the heated seat parts. I see a connection for the power seats under the driver's side but haven't taken that side out yet to see if the heater wiring exists.

I hope to do a full update once I'm done.
2005 Baja Sport, Regal Blue Pearl
traded-in 2004 Legacy 35th
Slight mods:
Heated mirrors
Heated seats
Horn upgrade
Speaker upgrade
OzzBros bed cover
Autodim mirror
Bluetooth stereo
Factory tweeters
Turbo Headlights
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Compatible seats for 2005 Baja

Post by Pow »

tcat wrote:Semi-related... my drivers seat is cracking in 2 spots.
Curious, where is it cracking? I've got two spots in mine as well. One I can't really explain (may have been something in my pocket that got caught) but the other is due to the foam beneath the side panel wearing through and the cover getting sliced by the sharp metal of the seat frame. Wondering if anyone else had this issue. As I've found "you pull it" junkyards in my travels I've stopped and asked if they had any Bajas on site that I might be able to pull a seat or at least an intact cover from.

-Craig