Well its gone, The Baja is Sold, but its been a great trip.

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Well its gone, The Baja is Sold, but its been a great trip.

Post by YBajaSteve »

well the photobucket slide show wont work so I guess Ill just post a link to it. This is a little slideshow of the history of my Baja. Hopefully one day Ill be in another Subie.

Ill still be around to look at all ur guys cool ideas and help where I can! Its been great ScoobyTruck!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Well its gone, The Baja is Sold, but its been a great trip.

Post by Emsanon »

And like I said on NASIOC...it's still sad. :(
njswampbuggy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by njswampbuggy »

It's always sad giving up a vehicle you've put so much into but I have a hunch you'll be back and better than ever. Best of luck to you.
.....Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey....
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

yeah i talked to the new owner today and told her she needed to get on here and introduce herself with her cool new truck!!!!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

Sorry you had to sell, Steve. Best of luck to you!
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Well a little update I guess, We are over here in the UK now and the closest thing Ive seen to a Baja is this!!

hehe. dont even know who makes it or what, but it was nice to see.

I just bought a 2002 Saab 9-3 Turbo Diesel. Got it for 3.3k$ and its only got 89k miles on it, i think i scored pretty well!

So its a bit of a change from the old Suby, but I miss the Baja every day! Tho I dont mind the super comfy seats and the big turbo kicking in! lol. Apart from driving on the wrong side of the road, the weirdest part for me is shifting on the opposite side, but having the gears in the same order as in the US, with first gear being furthest away and 5th gear being right next to my leg! Its taken some getting used to, but I'll manage. Just wanted to let my little scooby truck family know im still around and kickin!!

Maybe I'll do some customization to the Saab too, dash light conversion maybe?
312baja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by 312baja »

Hey, the new ride looks great! Glad to see you're still active in the forums!

I lived in the EU for my job for about 5 years, luckily Germany and Spain have the same driver's side as the States. :D

The Aussies & Kiwis call car-trucks like the Baja "utes". They also drive on the left, so there may be some of those that have made their way to the UK. At any rate, hope the Saab treats you right (it looks very classy).
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Well its gone, The Baja is Sold, but its been a great tr

Post by Emsanon »

YBajaSteve wrote:Well a little update I guess, We are over here in the UK now and the closest thing Ive seen to a Baja is this!!

I just bought a 2002 Saab 9-3 Turbo Diesel. Got it for 3.3k$ and its only got 89k miles on it, i think i scored pretty well!

So its a bit of a change from the old Suby, but I miss the Baja every day! Tho I dont mind the super comfy seats and the big turbo kicking in! lol. Apart from driving on the wrong side of the road, the weirdest part for me is shifting on the opposite side, but having the gears in the same order as in the US, with first gear being furthest away and 5th gear being right next to my leg! Its taken some getting used to, but I'll manage. Just wanted to let my little scooby truck family know im still around and kickin!!

Maybe I'll do some customization to the Saab too, dash light conversion maybe?
Hi!!!!! I'm glad you're doing okay. The truck in the picture is kind of cute. I wonder what it is? Hmmmm. I'm also amazed you were able to get that car at $3.3k! That sounds like a good deal.
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Well now that we've gotten snow, and we've been here over a month, i REALLY MISS THE BAJA!!!! It would be such a head turner here i think! And this snow wouldnt even know what hit it with those sweet general Grabber AT2's . I really miss the Subie!!!! and so much for the Saab being a sweet deal, I only drove it about it 2 weeks before the alternator died and the EGR valve is acting up. Its been out of commission for a couple weeks.

Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

YBajaSteve wrote:Well now that we've gotten snow, and we've been here over a month, i REALLY MISS THE BAJA!!!! It would be such a head turner here i think! And this snow wouldnt even know what hit it with those sweet general Grabber AT2's . I really miss the Subie!!!! and so much for the Saab being a sweet deal, I only drove it about it 2 weeks before the alternator died and the EGR valve is acting up. Its been out of commission for a couple weeks.
Wow, ouch! I'm sorry that your having the issues with your car! Hopefully, the problem has been fixed or will be fixed. :(