Factory Subwoofer

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bgc
Scoobytruck Contributer

Factory Subwoofer

Post by bgc »

Is anyone using the factory subwoofer? I have the "deluxe" 6 CD radio by Subaru. I want to install the factory one which I can get for about $178.00.

I will appeciate any feedback.

Thanks, B GC
Senomar
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Factory Subwoofer

Post by Senomar »

I have the 6 CD changer too and Have the sub-woofer for about 5 years or so, and I have no complaint, It's suppose to be installed on the passenger side, but mine was installed on the drivers side. I like it because sometimes you can feel the seat tremble and it adds to the music, but its not meant to over power. I was wondering if i can put another one on the passengers side.
bgc
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bgc »

Thanks, I ordered one.

I just want a mild boost.

I would think you could mount a second one under the other seat. The factory install directs that the subwoofer be placed under the passenger seat.
bgc
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bgc »

Put mine in Saturday and I love it! It probably would not satisfy those who want the thump, but it gives me what I want. More full sound with good bass overtones at low volume.
312baja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by 312baja »

I just got an old Kenwood w00x (KSC-WA62RC) from craigslist, as it's since been discontinued. It was recommended on the NASOIC forums as a good subwoofer with more "oomph" then the factory one. It's not gonna shake the windows, but it sounds great for adding low end. It has a wired remote I installed down low under the right side of the wheel. You'll have to mess with the controls a bit to get the bass going strong without popping distortion.

It will *not* fit under the seats of your Baja. However it fits perfectly in between the rear seats, replacing the center console. It fits so well there in fact, you'd think it was designed to go there. :)

I have enough slack with the wires for the seat to flip up normally for the passthrough, but it's only velcro'ed to the steel cross bars the console screws to in case you want to quickly disconnect & remove it (the connections are simple jacks in the back of the sub, no problem to disconnect it).

I'm working on a cover for it so it's not visible from the street. I live in the city, so I don't want any temptation for someone to break my window to steal something inside. Hopefully I'll post pix soon when I'm done.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

Sounds great!!^^^ Post pics of your whole process!! Sometimes a couple pics in the middle are far more help than just pics at the end!!!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!