Looking hard at a 2003 Baja to purchase

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

mpm
Scoobytruck Lurker

Looking hard at a 2003 Baja to purchase

Post by mpm »

Found a 2003 Baja N/A A/T for sale locally. In great shape with 65K miles. But, it has a rebuilt title. Was hit in the right rear and I've seen the before pics. Was all cosmetic to the bed side and taillights, nothing more. Has some Bridgestone Potenza's still on it but they are ready to be replaced. Everything works. Asking price is $11K. Seems like a fair price to me but I'd like to here some opinions.
theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Looking hard at a 2003 Baja to purchase

Post by theluckyone17 »

That rebuilt title would be a deal killer for me, at that price. If I was serious about that Baja, looked it over with a fine toothed comb, and planned on driving it 'til it rusted out, I might consider it. I'd definitely be looking to knock down the price, though.

Here in Upstate NY, a lot of folks won't touch those rebuilt titles. Drives the resale value down.

That's just my opinion, though, as uneducated as it may be. 8)
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

well i can say i bought my 03 with 45k miles on it 2 years ago (so it was newer) and only paid 13k, with a rebuilt title, i wouldnt pay 11k now. seems kinda high to me. id have to talk him down below 10k at least.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Sabber
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Sabber »

I bought my '03 NA manual baja sport for about 9.5K with 60,000 miles on it almost a year ago. It did not have a rebuilt title. you can find better if your willing to travel a bit. Mine was a four hour drive away to get it. Low end of fair would probably be more like around 8K to me, even with leather and stuff, maybe 7K. Though the economic environment is a bit different now than it was a year ago.
hit up autotrader.com and take a look a the range of prices people want nationwide to get a good feel of what people think they are worth.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

there was one being advertised near here for $8K with rebuilt title with 82K on it....and I still think that is too much....