Could it be possible ??? The 2011 SUBARU BAJA ?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Could it be possible ??? The 2011 SUBARU BAJA ?

Post by Snorkeled »

I was doing some subaru baja searching and found some pics of a possible 2011 subaru baja in the works . . . I think it looks really nice !
Attachments
2011 Baja.jpg
2011 Baja.jpg (29.88 KiB) Viewed 10978 times
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Could it be possible ??? The 2011 SUBARU BAJA ?

Post by Emsanon »

Yay!!! I hope the Baja's don't die out. [smilie=666.gif]
The Distance
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by The Distance »

What site did you find that picture on?
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

there is a lot of discussion on the nasioc site about this image and the question of should it be brought back. most of the comments are from people questioning the functionality of the baja. if subaru brought it back with a diesel and some way to haul a peice of 4x8 plywood flat, i'd buy it.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

im pretty sure its a photoshop, ive seen the thread over on nasioc.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
the slug
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by the slug »

Yeah, I think on the nabisco site is about the only place these rumors exist.

Personally, I'd like to see a new Baja built off of the Tribeca platform. Its a little bigger (room for a little bit bigger bed) plus could have the H-6. I wouldn't want to see it grow to the size of a Ridgeline though.
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

It may be a 'shop but if it is it's a damn good one. I still think I peed a little when I saw it lol. I so hope they make another one so I don't have to chop up a new outback :D
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Damn! I want to believe! But unless it's a mock up actually made by Subaru it's a 'shop. First thing that caught my eye is that the driver side roof rail looks to extend too far back. Then the rear pass side door handle looks a little out of place. Finally I put together a couple different sections of the image for side by side comparison. Note details of the area that appears behind the bed (stone wall, dark grassy spot) and how they compare to an area on the right hand side of the photo. Sorry guys, I wish it were true but unless this was made by the Subie folks we're just going to need to keep begging.

-Craig
Attachments
Background comparison
Background comparison
2011bajafake.jpg (38.43 KiB) Viewed 10638 times
ghd43
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by ghd43 »

I found the original picture, it was an Outback 2010:
Attachments
Subaru-Outback_2010.jpg
Subaru-Outback_2010.jpg (46.12 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

lol thats crazy ! Dang I wish it was true that they had a 2010 or 2011 Baja coming out :-( o well
bnther36
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bnther36 »

That was a dam good photoshop. Of course it was even better because I wanted to believe it.

I would also like to see the Baja brought back, but I was kind of leaning towards one base off of the new Forester platform. It's got the ground clearance and isn't as pricey as the Tribeca. Japanese don't like to make mistakes and I'm sure they'll be pretty reluctant to build another truck considering how bad the Baja sold. Which is a shame because I think that there is real potential with that new diesel they've got. Hopefully Americans are past the 'bigger is better' phase and can see the real value of a smaller more nimble vehicle.
Attachments
2011 Brat.jpg
2011 Brat.jpg (194.92 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

bnther36 wrote:Hopefully Americans are past the 'bigger is better' phase and can see the real value of a smaller more nimble vehicle.
good luck on that one. i mean peaple are comming around but gas prices haven't been high enough for long enough to really hit the superduty crowd. the spike in price last summer was enough to open their eyes but one year later and all is forgotten.
bnther36
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bnther36 »

[quote="speedymatt"]good luck on that one. i mean peaple are comming around but gas prices haven't been high enough for long enough to really hit the superduty crowd. the spike in price last summer was enough to open their eyes but one year later and all is forgotten.[/quote]

Superduty...don't get me started. :evil:

I've heard it so many times, 'if I can't fit a full 4 by 8 sheet of plywood then I don't want it.' And I always ask, "And how many times have you hauled a 4 by 8 this month?" Let's be honest, unless you are haulling full sheets of lumber/drywall every month, you'd be better off buying a smaller more fuel efficient truck and renting a Superduty for $20hr for the little time that you need it. I found that a 5 by 10 trailer worked out pretty good for me. I figure, if Subaru builds a Forester sized pickup, 2 seat w/bench and a bed big enough to haul a quad, then that would be just about perfect for 50%+ of the 'truck' drivers out there. That enough room to carry a bunch of tools/junk or anything else you don't want to put on carpet. You add the rally proven AWD and I'll drive circles around your Superduty (or anything else I happen to come across in 5 inches of snow :D )

I'll say it again, Subaru needs to build a Forrester truck!
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

I am sorry for being late to the topic and not being on the board for a long while....

but my .02 personally is that I would just simply like about an extra 8-14 inches of bed space with or without the tailgate down, not so I can put in plywood or anything, but moreso for putting in a couple of dirtbikes for when I go parking lot motarding or putting in my track bike for if I go to the track solo to alleviate having to hook up my trailer or other types of things like that. It seems to me the Forrester chassis is pretty much the same as the the Legacy/Outback chassis and wouldn't necesarrily accomodate that, and my fear is that the Tribeca chassis is too much work for them to port something like this into this chassis, but I could be wrong on that.