My mods with Pics

Post by Thacrudd »

MY MODS

Dash light change:

Headlight trim painted:

Grill painted Black:

Metal mesh behind grill:

Cross-Drilled rotors and Wagner thermo-quiet brakes & calipers painted black:

New cat-back exhaust with 2 1/4" pipe and low restriction "turbo" muffler and stainless steel tip:

Speaker pods for the front door speakers:

4 Sport Activity Lights:

Turned my coin catcher into a spot for my Aux cable and switch for dash lights:

New General Grabber AT tires:

Disabled the Daytime Running Lights
K&N air filter
Scoobytruck.com Decal on rear window
Sound/Vibration dampening rubber pads in roof and doors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I very much appreciate the help and support I've received from YBajaSteve and the rest of the Scoobytruck.com community. The inspiration I've received from them has been priceless, and I couldn't have done this without you. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Thacrudd on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: My recent mods pics included

Post by YBajaSteve »

Trucks looking good man!!! You got me beat on the catback exhaust, I really want to do that next but just havent found the time/money.
And you are very welcome, Im glad to see people do read my posts :D

On a different note, I was driving home today and started seriously thinking about how Im going to make my silver cladding black...... and my rims also black....... hmmm......... I might be the first yellow Baja with black lower cladding.........
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

btw, did you end up just using the stock wiring for the activity lights?
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Very Nice !! I like the way your Baja is turning out !
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

YBajaSteve wrote:Trucks looking good man!!! You got me beat on the catback exhaust, I really want to do that next but just havent found the time/money.
Thanks man, I'm glad you like it. The exhaust plus the muffler only cost $120 but the stainless tip set me back $80!
YBajaSteve wrote: On a different note, I was driving home today and started seriously thinking about how Im going to make my silver cladding black...... and my rims also black....... hmmm......... I might be the first yellow Baja with black lower cladding.........
One of my friends a few years ago got some rim paint and he painted his rims gunmetal black. I never saw the can so I don't know what kind it was. You may be able to find something on the internet. As for the lower cladding, I think it would look really good on a yellow Baja. I don't know if you do much body work or how you want to go about doing it but I would imagine it would cost a few hundred dollars to have it done if you just take the cladding off and give it to them and say "paint this black" then put it back on yourself. Good luck on that I hope you find a solution!
YBajaSteve wrote:btw, did you end up just using the stock wiring for the activity lights?
Yes. I didn't really realize it was pre-wired for the kits so that was quite a relief. I was however grateful that you showed you can take off the upper brake light assembly without taking apart the whole bed. That saved me a lot of time.
Snorkeled wrote:Very Nice !! I like the way your Baja is turning out !
Glad you like it :D

In the semi-near future I hope to get that skidplate and pushbar we were talking about and the subaru rally logo on the sides done in silver. In the far future I'll try and get some new rims and some tires with more aggressive tread. I had just bought new tires just a few months ago so in another couple years it'll be time to get some more.

I figure that I am going to be the last owner of this vehicle. The Baja is the type of vehicle that you keep for as long as you can. Not just because it's a wonderful machine, but because its unique and there just isn't anything you can compare to it. That why I wanted one so bad. I figure if I'm gonna keep it for so long, I'm going to modify it to my liking. After another few years, I'll get a new WRX (sti hopefully) and have a car and a work/play truck! Then I'll be set. Well that's the plan anyway lol.
the slug
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by the slug »

Thacrudd wrote: In the semi-near future I hope to get that skidplate and pushbar we were talking about and the subaru rally logo on the sides done in silver. In the far future I'll try and get some new rims and some tires with more aggressive tread. I had just bought new tires just a few months ago so in another couple years it'll be time to get some more.

I figure that I am going to be the last owner of this vehicle. The Baja is the type of vehicle that you keep for as long as you can. Not just because it's a wonderful machine, but because its unique and there just isn't anything you can compare to it. That why I wanted one so bad. I figure if I'm gonna keep it for so long, I'm going to modify it to my liking. After another few years, I'll get a new WRX (sti hopefully) and have a car and a work/play truck! Then I'll be set. Well that's the plan anyway lol.
When you do look to get new tires, look into the Grabbers. I'm very happy with them.
I'm with you all the way about this being a vehicle you keep for as long as you can and for the same reasons.

I have a couple home and basic life projects to do, then onto modifying the cruck to my liking (mostly better off-roading ability).

Hmmmm, desired toy..... Maybe a Brat.... Looks like they would be fun to mod.
Last edited by the slug on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

I get a lot of great ideas from this group as well! Your Baja is looking nice!
I just bought a couple of hella lights from ebay. hehe So, I'll have a set of four on mine as well. I love lights. [smilie=bunny.gif]
360joules
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by 360joules »

Thacrudd wrote: In the semi-near future I hope to get that skidplate and pushbar we were talking about ...
What skidplate and pushbar are you considering? I've been thinking about this as well.

BTW, amazing looking mods so far!
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

360joules wrote:
Thacrudd wrote: In the semi-near future I hope to get that skidplate and pushbar we were talking about ...
What skidplate and pushbar are you considering? I've been thinking about this as well.

BTW, amazing looking mods so far!
Thanks! Rallitek has a pretty nice skidplate - http://www.rallitek.com/rassiskfor00.html and as for the push bar, I think the only way I'm going to get the look I want I'm going to have to have mine custom made.
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

This is a pic of a Baja with a bar, he used to be on this forum, I tried tracking him down for more info, but he has been gone for a long time... I want one bad. Id order a Westin Bull bar, i just need to figure out what vehicle i should order it for...

rickyguerrero
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by rickyguerrero »

You are the man! It's looking great!
the slug
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by the slug »

Definitely the Rallitek skidplate (group buy anyone?) [smilie=666.gif]
beancountertx
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by beancountertx »

"This is a pic of a Baja with a bar, he used to be on this forum, I tried tracking him down for more info, but he has been gone for a long time... I want one bad. Id order a Westin Bull bar, i just need to figure out what vehicle i should order it for... "

I too like the bull bar with lights. Can't wait to see your findings.
You must be the change you want to see in the world.-Gandhi
the slug
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by the slug »

the slug wrote:Definitely the Rallitek skidplate (group buy anyone?) [smilie=666.gif]
Now down to $202.50
http://www.rallitek.com/rassiskfor00.html
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Thacrudd wrote: New cat-back exhaust with 2 1/4" pipe and low restriction "turbo" muffler and stainless steel tip
This is where I'm jealous. I tried to go that direction and my 03 just backfires on me. Of course, that's when I tried to run just a straight pipe. Even with my high performance muffler, I still get a little pop, just not as often or as bad. I'm wondering if I do something like what you did, if my car will start to act up again. I don't think my car likes to be modified. :lol: