another Seating question

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Tanager
Scoobytruck Lurker

another Seating question

Post by Tanager »

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Glad to have found it.

We bought our first Baja yesterday. It is a 2004.

Everything's dandy except... my wife is really finding the seat to be uncomfortable for driving. In the course of shopping around, we had also test-driven a 2003 Sport. She found that to be more comfortable.

Does anyone have insight into how the seating has been changed between models? Is it possible/advisable/crazy to swap out the driver seat with a 2003 version?

Thanks for any advice!
WillGT
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: another Seating question

Post by WillGT »

did the 03 have power seats? If so those have lumbar support which I don't think you have in the basic 04 models
Senomar
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Senomar »

The driver seat only has both.
Tanager
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Tanager »

Thanks for your replies.
did the 03 have power seats? If so those have lumbar support which I don't think you have in the basic 04 models
That's good to know. However, '03 we test drove and the '04 we bought each had power seats (on the driver side only).
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

well im sure that any seat in a Baja or from another Baja would very easily just unbolt and swap. my 03 has the cloth interior and the seats are all manual. I find them comfortable, but the leather looks nicer! If you like another seat from another Baja, the swap would be cake. Though obviously putting power seats where there was originally just manual might be a little trickier.

People who restore and customize their vehicles do many different types of seat swaps, and pretty much as long as it fits "dimensionally" it can be made to bolt in. but thats probably way more then u'll be having to deal with if u swap a Baja seat with a Baja seat.

check out junkyards if youre looking for seats.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Tanager
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Tanager »

Thanks, YBajaSteve! That's very helpful.

By the way, do have any sense of whether Subaru Legacy seats would also be compatible? I heard that the Legacy and Baja were fairly similar--except for the truck bed.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

Personally, i dont know 100% if Leggy seats would bolt right in, but I would be 75% sure they probably would.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

the NASIOC Baja Forum a while back had a posting about seat compatibility between Baja and Legacy. I think they said it was a direct swap. Also, my 03 sport has manual seats, but there is a pigtail with a quick connect underneath that doesn't hook to anything. According to NASIOC Baja forum, this would be a direct plug in to a power seat.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper