Is this a bad buy?..help me please

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Is this a bad buy?..help me please

Post by Dark Pony »

I posted on NOSIAC but I figured I would get some input here too :)

I am selling my 2005 Subaru Baja......I had someone ready to buy it but there mom interjected saying it was not a good buy at all. Here are my specs

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo
5-speed
6-disk CD Changer
Silver/Grey (Two tone paint)
80,000 miles.
Basically all the extra options (power windows, power locks, etc...)

It has never had one problem for me...oil always changed at 3,000 miles..just put new brakes on it.

I was selling it for $12,000...which is basically what I owe on it...I paid $20,000 almost three years ago.

Is this really a bad buy in your guys opinion? It has a clean title.
crackhead
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Is this a bad buy?..help me please

Post by crackhead »

I think it's an excellent buy. The guy should grow up and stop seeking mommy's approval. Just last week I saw non-turbo '05s and '06s at a local lot going from between 17k-22k. They all had 75-80k on the clock. You should be able to get 12k no prob, just be patient.
Seth in Asheville, NC
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

From a private seller, that's not a bad deal at all. Tell them to go online and look at what these are selling for. I'm looking for a low mileage MY06 and they are asking more for them now with more miles than I paid for my 03 when I bought it in 04!!
seaview
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by seaview »

There's a 2005 non turbo(I think) with about 60000 miles here in town for sale at a lot for 17000 so yours seems more than a fair buy.................Pete L.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

If anything it might be a bit low, the best thing to do is go to the auto trader website and search for Bajas in your area.
http://www.autotrader.com/
That should give you an idea of what to ask
BooBoo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BooBoo »

I agree with BajaBob, $12,000 is probably a little low. The web site referenced, autotrader, shows many 2005 Baja's retailing in the $17-18k neighborhood. So with your maintenance records, you should hang in there. My local dealer here says that Baja's are in great demand, but he can't get them. No one wants to trade them in and they aren't making any more. I'm keeping my 2006 until it wears out.