Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Zombaja
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

Post by Zombaja »

it's heartening to know that my 140K (sadly not even 2K are mine yet) barely counts as "out of the cradle" around here :) More stories of 270K miles please! :)
bearrowland
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bearrowland »

Ditto!! I'm looking forward to many years of enjoyment with mine! Those boxer engines are phenomenal mileage monsters. I've an old 71 VW Camper that has racked up unknown hundreds of thousands of miles. I had it refreshed awhile back, and the original tranny disintegrated but it keeps on keeping on! Part of the reason I love the Subaru so much :D
Baja life 06
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Baja life 06 »

I've got 92K on my 06 turbo 5 speed.. had to replace the radiator and that's it so far..
scoobytruck
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by scoobytruck »

SOoo for highest miles on a baja I have 196,900, 03 manual Silver and NO PROBLEMS! thank the scooby gods. I will hit 200k for sure! [smilie=666.gif] original everything, no rust second owner, but put half the miles on it.
johnep
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by johnep »

I just bought my first Subaru truck, a 2005 with 193K on it. If its anything like my 93 Legacy that had 385K, or my 02 Forester with 285K, I in for a long trouble free ride!
I did add a trailer hitch and a thousand dollar full brake job with black calipers. Looks nice thru those wheels. Plus I can enjoy them for years to come.
Baja Buzz
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Baja Buzz »

Just got 2003 Base model with 179,360 miles on it. I"m the fourth owner. Replaced plugs, wires, oil & filter, MT oil and rear diff. oil, air filter, rotated tires. Bought brake pads but found they're not needed yet. Like it better than wife's 2014 forester.
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

^ agreed. I like the handling better than the newer steering with the stiff feel. I like to be able to feel the road.
falconer315
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by falconer315 »

Just bought mine last month, '05 Sport with appx. 151,000 miles on it. Found out the previous owner was a Subie mechanic, so it's been well maintained. :D

Dealer sold it to me for half it's KBB value because he didn't know what he had 'til it was gone. :lol:
chuckster
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by chuckster »

New to the forum, bought an '05 Turbo, 5-speed with 154,000 miles on it.
I've had it 2 months and have put 2,000 more miles on it .

Chuckster
Attachments
B-3.jpg
B-3.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 39269 times
falconer315
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by falconer315 »

Nice looking Baja, welcome.
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

Nice wheels! Are they off a scion TC?
03bajablast
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by 03bajablast »

03 subaru baja @314,000 miles still going strong! [smilie=666.gif]

Bought at 310,000 and ran like crap did sparkplug timing belt water pump sparkplug wires, coil , new pcv valve, just have a oil leak from right cam seal and main seal. I was planning on swapping the motor because the previous owner told me that he couldn't fix any of the issues looks like he didn't try very hard. This motor is still great running condition. Shooting for another 200k.
mgerardt
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by mgerardt »

05 turbo w/165k. I love my Scooby dearly and it breaks my heart that I may need to sell her when I relocate to NYC from VA. Message me if you want to know more. I'm determined to find her a loving new owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

mgerardt wrote:05 turbo w/165k. I love my Scooby dearly and it breaks my heart that I may need to sell her when I relocate to NYC from VA. Message me if you want to know more. I'm determined to find her a loving new owner.
Would you be selling it in VA, or after you arrived in NY? I know someone in Toronto who kept asking if I wanted to sell mine, and he might make a trip to NY for a Baja Turbo...
mgerardt
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by mgerardt »

anarchy1024, tell your friend I will be in Brooklyn after Labor Day if he wants to make plans to see my Scooby. You could give him my email if he is seriously interested. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! mgerardt@yahoo.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk