Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

khestee
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

Post by khestee »

200,000 as of a month ago. 03 sport, NA.
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

2003 5MT NA, 254,000km (157,800mi). Saw it in the driveway of a bodyshop with a For Sale sign in the windshield, about two years ago. I think we got it around 184,000km (114,000mi) for a pretty good price...despite the previous owner apparently not being entirely truthful of the vehicle's history.

Had to replace the engine last year, but that was entirely our fault... four university students, fresh snowfall, large parking lot...yeah. Either way, we love the Baja and have no intention of selling or trading it in.
baja_gernaut
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by baja_gernaut »

just 115k and hurts seeing the clock going up
tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Post by tomato_88 »

154,000 miles. I have only had it for three weeks but I have been able to put 2000 miles on it. Including of course the 400 miles to get it home.
2003 by the way.
06TurboScoob
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by 06TurboScoob »

Just over 76k here, atleast on the body and top end. The short block is brand new as of about 350 miles ago.

2006 turbo, manual. :D
bajamudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajamudd »

just hit 139,048 miles today :0 still runs like a champ
SidecarMike
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by SidecarMike »

My first post here! I just bought this one with 202,000 miles on it.

It was owned by a senior who must have had grandchildren with a penchant for soft candy. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the rear seat cushion to clean it. :lol:
bajamudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajamudd »

Just hit 143,567 on my way home from class today...I hate seeing it all add up.
bakerman1
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bakerman1 »

Just bought my 2003 Baja sport with 234500 on it. Bought it from the original owner who in the last 40k put in a brand new subaru motor and had the 5mt rebuilt. She runs great, and the only thing I had to do was replace some dash and switch bulbs. Im loving it!

Ken
Subaru nutt 199
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Subaru nutt 199 »

My dads 05 Subaru baja turbo has 137,000 HARD miles on it and the only things that have been wrong on it is someone who did one of the oil changes did not do the oil filter on correctly and it leaked oil and also that the air conditioner had a leak in it but is now fixed. I'm looking to put a anti sway bar on it and putting a drop in air filter and eventually putting a cat back exhaust on it
Sooberman
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Sooberman »

Not Quite at 37,000 miles on my original 2003.Just turned 10 years old Oct 4th.
LrgLnrd
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by LrgLnrd »

New Here and bought my baja because of what all you had to say about them and how much you all enjoy them.
Just picked mine up yesterday with 182k on it. Own owner who drove 100 miles a day but all highway and lives right by the on ramp.
Runs great and couldn't be happier.
Some minor issues need addressed but other than that he runs great.
Next thing on my list is lift and tires.
Greg
chipper513
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by chipper513 »

I picked up an '03 Sport with 160,000 miles. Well maintained - the interior looks almost "showroom" quality. No rips, tears - fabric seats are excellent!
da cruck
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by da cruck »

Currently have 223k miles on my 03 baja. Second owner and have only had to replace the radiator as it was punctured by a piece of metal while driving home on 75 on day about 5 years ago. Other then that I am about to do a reseal on the motor because of few minor oil leaks and mainly because I do not want to get rid of the car I love it that much, plus not ready for another car payment. Between going to my second house in NC and driving to places for my charity bike rides it is a great vehicle for everything that I utilize it for.
KensAudio
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by KensAudio »

Just over 99,000 on my '03. Bought it used from a dealer in late '06 with ~35k from the first guy who leased it, so the history was known 'cuz the dealer did the maintenance. I'll never go to that dealer again; I have proof that someone at the dealership lied to SoA about my story in acquiring that car. (It's a looooong, loooong story.)

I did the 90k service early. I've had brakes done, head gasket, tires.

My biggest 'concern' is my own poor upkeep. I think at one point I let it go way too long between oil changes, and now there's that clicking sound from under the hood when the engine is cold, or under load. Depending on the cost, if/when I have to replace a blown engine, I may just splurge and get a 6-speed manual transmission too. I think Subaru offers (offered?) one that might fit, it just shifts by cable instead of a rod...

I got reamed pretty good on the cost when I got it, and the puny $ I got for my trade. But I'll have the last laugh. I'm proud of my car and what I've done to it. (I have to restrain myself from listing it all here.) There's entertainment value when I work on it. It's fun to drive. I love carrying all sorts of oddly-shaped stuff in it. I only hope that when I finally have to replace it, that domestic manufacturers won't be the only ones making a Small Pickup Truck - that elusive form factor which other parts of the world enjoy while we Americans seem to shun it. I can't see getting rid of my beloved "Soundwave" (The Transformer(tm) who was expert at all forms of communication). I'll likely leave it to someone in my will, eccentric modifications and all.

- K
Baja '03 Blk, non-turbo, M/T, OzzBros, Bed Extender, JVC, ScanGaugeII, Garmin
"Well, ya see, son, when a dune buggy, a jeep and a sedan really love each other..."