Dash Light Color Conversion w/ pics!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

BeaverBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Dash Light Color Conversion w/ pics!

Post by BeaverBaja » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:48 pm

can anyone tell me what lumens to get for the T10 - 194 gauge lights. There are several choices at superbrightled. Thank you.

w.rohr
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by w.rohr » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 am

BeaverBaja wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:48 pm
can anyone tell me what lumens to get for the T10 - 194 gauge lights. There are several choices at superbrightled. Thank you.
It has been a while and this is from memory: the t10 are the big lights for when the headlights are on so they are adjustable so I would say get ones on the brighter side, but note that some t10 are too big to physically fit in the socket, also lumens is only useful measuring white light so if you are changing the color a low lumen red light could be brighter then a high lumen white light.

If you link me the ones you are looking at when I get home I can compare them to the ones I got and let you know if I think they will work.

cspaugh
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by cspaugh » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm

I would do red but my better half would not like that. I think the blue on your dash looks awesome.

w.rohr
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by w.rohr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:37 am

cspaugh wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm
I would do red but my better half would not like that. I think the blue on your dash looks awesome.
I did some of my lights blue at first but it just killed my eyes, now everything is red and amber and it is way easier on my eyes at night.

cspaugh
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by cspaugh » Sun May 05, 2019 8:11 am

I was wondering about that. Normally I use a red light not to spoil night vision when I shoot at night or other things. I am not aware of Blue light spoils night vision or not. My Charger's lights are all red. Anyone know?

cspaugh
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by cspaugh » Sun May 05, 2019 8:15 am

Thought.. is there anyway to set it up so it changes colors between night and day.. say blue during the day and red at night? Just like headlights go on during the night in some vehicles or when it starts raining. I get that functionality may not be built into the Stock Baja and it would require either 2 LED's or one that could change color along with some sort of logic/computer functionality.

w.rohr
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by w.rohr » Wed May 22, 2019 3:44 pm

cspaugh wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:15 am
Thought.. is there anyway to set it up so it changes colors between night and day.. say blue during the day and red at night? Just like headlights go on during the night in some vehicles or when it starts raining. I get that functionality may not be built into the Stock Baja and it would require either 2 LED's or one that could change color along with some sort of logic/computer functionality.
If you find me a pinout for the cluster I could probably get you a diagram to switch colors when headlights are on, but you would probably wire up custom led bulbs.