Dash Light Color Conversion w/ pics!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: Lil Project- (Dash Light Color Conversion) turned out great.

Post by YBajaSteve »

Did you ever get that little glitch figured out? I wouldnt think LED's would put any strain on your electrical system since technically they pull less power then normal bulbs. I hope you got it fixed!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

Nice find YBajaSteve. I noticed you can choose between 3mm and 5mm and when I had mine out they looked more like 3mm size. Have you tried them out yet? I might give it a go.
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

well i havent taken them out yet and looked, my car is all apart right now, interior that is, cuz im putting some hella 500 lights on my roof rack and wiring them myself, so i had to run them into cab above the headliner and down the center door pillar. I should have that all done and hooked up 2morrow, and then i might go ahead and pop those little lights out and see what i can find.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

I know I'm kinda veering off topic, but did you run the wires through the sunroof or into the door frame? Maybe you could take some pics of the progress and put them in a new thread? I was going to get some lights for mine but I was unsure about where to run the wires. I've bid on some OEM lights for the roof that have the hellla "Baja" covers but people keep outbidding me lol. 3 times in a row being outbid by less than 3 bucks :P
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Its funny you asked, because Ive definitely been taking pics of the process and will post them up. i just need my wife to stop planning stuff on all the nice weather days :D I have all the wiring ran into the truck now, and the lights mounted, I just need to work on the interior stuff. Should be done this week if it stops raining.
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

I haven't had much free time trying to figure out the glitch yet due to my school schedule. I'm working on my last two classes to get my BA and I only have 3 weeks left to go! lol
I'll take some pictures tonight so the blue will show up better.

I don't think the glitch is too bad since it only happens when I sit in park with my engine running for around 30 minutes. :mrgreen:
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

YBajaSteve wrote:Its funny you asked, because Ive definitely been taking pics of the process and will post them up. i just need my wife to stop planning stuff on all the nice weather days :D I have all the wiring ran into the truck now, and the lights mounted, I just need to work on the interior stuff. Should be done this week if it stops raining.
Awesome! Glad you decided to do that, it'll really help me out. Let you wife know you need to spend time with her as well as the kid (by kid I mean the Baja :wink: )

I had to order some new lights for my dash. The ones I put in were cheap and I should have known better than to pay 10 bucks for 10 of them. 3 of the 4 burnt out and they just weren't bright enough. Word to others : if you are going to buy colored LEDs for you dash, don't skimp out on the quality for price because you'll regret it. I got the High intensity LEDs and popped them in and wow what a difference a couple bucks can make.
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Alright! Finally have some pictures ready. I like that the blue matches my new radio. :mrgreen: I still want to change out the temp. controls and would love to have the green ring around the ignition/starter area made blue as well.

Last edited by Emsanon on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Very nice Emsanon! I remember really liking my new blue blinkers too! they are just so different then the stock color :D well done!!!
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Yeah, I LOVE the blinkers! It's amazing the amount of difference the blue makes in how they look. :mrgreen:
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Thacrudd wrote:I know I'm kinda veering off topic, but did you run the wires through the sunroof or into the door frame? Maybe you could take some pics of the progress and put them in a new thread? I was going to get some lights for mine but I was unsure about where to run the wires. I've bid on some OEM lights for the roof that have the hellla "Baja" covers but people keep outbidding me lol. 3 times in a row being outbid by less than 3 bucks :P

New thread with walk through posted !!!! :D
jakub911
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Updated 17-Apr (Dash Light Color Conversion)

Post by jakub911 »

I tried this mod with red, to match the boost guage i picked up, i wasn't completely satisfied, even with the brightest LEDs i found it didn't give the glow i was hoping for.
Attachments
Looks good but a little dim
Looks good but a little dim
_MG_4109- small.JPG (41.44 KiB) Viewed 19133 times
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Interesting color. It's actually fun playing with different colors to see how they turn out. I was talking MaxRPM and they said there was actually a kit that you can install in the instrument panel that will change colors with just a flip of a switch. Hmmm, talk about an easy way to change colors when you want. :wink:
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

yeah if you ever install white face gauges or indiglo gauges, even the really cheap ones usually come with a switch to flip between blue and green, since its almost the same color. i dont kno if theres something like that made for our vehicles, but there are tons of applications for white face gauges. just look on ebay!
childs_br
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by childs_br »

I am still waiting for my led lights i ordered them on ebay 2 weeks ago. They are coming from Hong Kong though so i am sure it will be awhile. i hope i get them this weekend so i can install them. hopefully i can get out of yard work lol.