Subaru Baja eBay VIN database ...

The graveyard. Where tired, old threads are moved.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Subaru Baja eBay VIN database ...

Post by jaxed »

I have been doing this on my Corvair site for a year now.. so I thought I'd bring it to here... Basically, every night I run a process that scrapes eBay for all the Subaru Baja Passenger Vehicle auctions, and then stores the results (and a picture) of the Bajas being auctioned. The benefit of this is that it effectively keeps track of all the Baja auctions on eBay for future reference. Not sure if you will find it useful, but here it is ...

http://baja.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/pv.cgi

Tell me what you think. You can also check out my Corvair version here (it has a lot more data):

http://www.corvairproject.com/cgi-bin/pv.cgi
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

hey, that's pretty cool! did you write the program on your own? -I dont know what i would use the info for, but im sure it will be helpful to someone :)
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Thats pretty neat, jaXed. I don't know what we could use it for now, but looking up the history of one latter would be easier with all that info. Mike
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

mbaksic wrote:Thats pretty neat, jaXed. I don't know what we could use it for now, but looking up the history of one latter would be easier with all that info. Mike
It does seem more useful for classic cars at this time, but I figure there is no time like the present to start! Maybe it will come into use for somebody someday.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I agree, get the info while it is available, before it gets scattered and lost out there. Besides, the way SOA is doing its worst with the Baja, it will be a classic soon. Mike