The "Name this site yet again" thread.

The graveyard. Where tired, old threads are moved.

What to name this place?

subarubajaforums.com
38%
bajaenthusiast.com
No votes
bajahaha.com
No votes
bajaboards.com
23%
bajanutz.com
15%
something else
23%

Total votes: 13

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

The "Name this site yet again" thread.

Post by jaxed »

Ok. I suck.. In the forum conversion, I lost the most important thread ever - the one set up to name this site. So, here it is again!

The same rules apply. Whoever comes up with the name for this site gets $1,000 ...

Ha! Made you look. JUST KIDDING.

Post yer ideas.
Last edited by jaxed on Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

I'm sticking with Bajalands

Bob
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

bajana.com / nabaja.com (meaning: baja north-america)

bajanbrat.com / bratnbaja.com / bratboards.com (meaning: baja 'n brat; let's include the brat too, so that the web site will be bigger)

subarubajaforums.com (I like it, although it was originally someone else's contribution; straight and to the point)

bajaworld.com / worldofbaja.com

bajapeople.com

subieworld.com (not that great of an idea as it does not indicate Baja only content)

My favorite:

subarubajaforums.com (not my contribution)
thebigkahuna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by thebigkahuna »

Here are mine;

bajafan.com
bajafanforum.com
subarubajafan.com
bajaenthusiast.com
beheeheebaja.com
bajaboards.com
bajatalk.com
awdbaja.com
baja-awd.com
bajaoutback.com
outbackbaja.com
bajaunited.com

Someone posted bajanutz which I like also.

Post by Guest »

I don't think the poll worked. It doesn't let you pick a choice.
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

Anonymous wrote:I don't think the poll worked. It doesn't let you pick a choice.
Got to be a registered user.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Bajanutz was mine, off of the old site. :lol: So thats my 2 cents worth. Mike
blubaja03
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by blubaja03 »

Sorry, I didn't notice I wasn't signed in. Hehe :roll:

Frank X.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

how about thecut.com ? all my friends call my baja "the c.u.t." (car-utility-truck) b/c it is the ultimate crossover vehicle..
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

Well, I just can't pull the trigger on a new domain name for this site. Although the poll shows "subarubajaforums" to be the front-runner, I just don't like it. Oh, you thought this was a democracy? HA! I am in total control here people.
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

jaxed wrote:Well, I just can't pull the trigger on a new domain name for this site. Although the poll shows "subarubajaforums" to be the front-runner, I just don't like it. Oh, you thought this was a democracy? HA! I am in total control here people.
Even though it's what I voted for, and what I liked best of all the names, I would have to agree that there's just something "missing" with that name. Perhaps looking for inspiration from other sites would help. For example, I was a long time member of miata.net as well as rc51.com. I think the problem is, "baja" is a relatively common term and so there is a need to complicate the domain name by preceeding it with "subaru", so you get something like: subarubaja.com/.net/.org, an already long name. Problem is, all those domain names are taken, so you add the word "forum" or "forums" and the domain name gets even more "unfriendly". You could certainly put a "miata.net" sticker on your Miata, but a "subarubajaforums.com" sticker (or was that "subarubajaforum.com"?) on your Baja? I don't think so!

The ideal name would be something short and to the point, and not in any way obscure. "subarubaja" would have been ideal, but all the popular extensions (.com, .org., .net) are taken, so I think the best name for the site would be something like:

mybaja.com, mybaja.net, mybaja.org

(Damn, just checked, all those extensions are taken, too! Grrr...)

Regardless, the point is, I think we need to go back to something with "baja" in it, but also short, cute, and easy to remember. Names like "bajanut", "bajaworld", etc., are looking better and better.

I don't know what a "jaxed" is, but why not something like "bajaX" or "bajaxed"? Sure, it doesn't mean anything, but it has "baja" in it, it's easy to remember, and you can still make a cool sticker for your car with it. I'm thinking the slogan could be the normal "Baja" font as seen on our tailgate emblem, but then a big painted capital "X" right after it, followed by ".com".

I mean, "NASOIC" is a popular site, but no one would know what the heck a "NASOIC" is without a referral (search engine, friend, etc.) anyway...

So to sum up, "mybaja.com" would have been cool as hell, but it's not available, but just checked and neither is "bajax.com". Damn it... "bajaxed.com" IS available, but, I just don't know anymore...

I suppose it's possible to just live with a "lame" domain name, eh? I mean, what difference does it make? We all seemed to have found it on our own anyway... *shrug* I'm just really frustrated right now!
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I think it should be a short one, easy to remember and find. Its up to you jaXed, since you are the BOSS, :twisted: as you said. HAHAHAHAHAH!!! :wink: Mike
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

Hmm... Perhaps:

http://www.b4j4.com

?!?
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I don't know, I don't like it, but it is short and to the point. Mike
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Well...subarubajaforums.com...I still like it. WHat about sbrforums.com? Then name the registry subarubajaregistry.com? I'm kinda borrowing from the only other registry I belong to-yellowmustangregistry.com :) the domain for the forums is ymrforums.com. I have a YMR sticker on the Baja, I want a Baja forums one too....so lets get a name here folks :D
See: