New forum software....

The graveyard. Where tired, old threads are moved.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

New forum software....

Post by jaxed »

Just when you thought it was safe I went and switched to a different forum software. This is phpBB and is, in my opinion, better than YaBB for us. It has a few more features including a database backend... It will hold up to more users and run smoother than YaBB. Most everything got converted over (users, messages), except for the "Announcements" board (which sucks, cause we had a thread going to name this site... ugh.. will have to re-create. If you run across any funky bugs or anything let me know. I hope not.

Enjoy the new shizz.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Cool new look - seems to be working good with a few minor glitches - current time/date and the way previous posts are quoted in a thread. The ring logo is kinda hypnotizing too (feeling dizzy, must ship new rims to jaxed).

Bob

Did the post pictures of your baja thread go away?
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

bajabob wrote:Cool new look - seems to be working good with a few minor glitches - current time/date and the way previous posts are quoted in a thread. The ring logo is kinda hypnotizing too (feeling dizzy, must ship new rims to jaxed).

Bob

Did the post pictures of your baja thread go away?
Arg... So there are a FEW problems. A few threads have vanished, including the Baja Pic thread. We'll have to start a new one.

UPDATE: Looks like I can recover some of the threads.. so keep yer eyes peeled!
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Post Pic thread recovered YES! - could you delete the replacement thread I started for it?

Bob
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

Thanks jaxed! This one works for me!
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

My husband and I run a site for homebuilt aircraft ( http://www.rivetbangers.com ) and use phpBB for the forums. We've got it heavily customized, and know the code inside and out. If you need any help or want ideas, just ping me. We'd be happy to share what we've learned. :D
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

cyphergirl wrote:My husband and I run a site for homebuilt aircraft ( http://www.rivetbangers.com ) and use phpBB for the forums. We've got it heavily customized, and know the code inside and out. If you need any help or want ideas, just ping me. We'd be happy to share what we've learned. :D
So far I'm quite impressed with this software.. I will certainly be modding it more and more ...
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

Nice to see more and more people switching to the Dark Side and running UN :!: X.

It would be so cool to run a php board or even a mail server, but right now my FreeBSD box is relegated to PVR.