Can anyone help me with info on fitting air con?

Subaru Brat Discussions - HEY BRAT PEOPLE. If you have any ideas for the Brat section of the site, please PM jaxed!
leprena
Scoobytruck Lurker

Can anyone help me with info on fitting air con?

Post by leprena »

Hi I have a 1989 Subaru Brat (called a Brumby here in Australia) and want to know if anyone has info, or can direct me somewhere were I can find out how to fit air con to my car.
I have bought a 2nd hand compressor and also have some type of radiator box. I'm not sure how many other bits I need, i.e. hoses and fittings etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Can anyone help me with info on fitting air con?

Post by bulwnkl »

I can't move posts or anything, but you should probably post in the "Anything BRAT" forum instead of here in the Baja forums. The only thing I really know about BRAT stuff is what I remember from driving our BRAT on the farm as a kid. Sure was cool...
scq481
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Can anyone help me with info on fitting air con?

Post by scq481 »

LAprena, you should try to get your hands on an 80's MY touring wagon, with AC, should have all the other bits required. You need to take out the glovebox, and fit additional peices under there, also a lot of AC lines, and the receiver dryer. I did all of the conversion to mine earlier this year, nad still haven't had it gassed.